This week in the ABC Challenge: K is for Kite
I started with a blue-to-green gradient to create a grass-sky effect.
I’ve struggled with gradients for a while, never able to get that smooth transition. So I reached out to my instafam for tips, and was told to try different sponges and also overlap the polishes a bit on the sponge. The result was so much better than my past attempts 🙂
I hand-painted the kite, and then used my trusty ink pen to create the kite string before adding “bows.” Not shown in the video above, I ended up going back and drawing small triangles over the dots to create a better bow effect as seen in the pic below:
I didn’t want my thumb to feel left out, so I gave it some “m” birds using the pen.
I topped this look with a glossy topcoat to test if it would smudge the ink (I previously tested with a matte topcoat) and was happy to see once again that smudging was minimal. Results may be different using a different pen.
That’s it for K on my end, check out the other contributions to this week’s challenge below: